As I’m into the third week of coding the game is getting a bit big. When trying to find stuff in the almost 700 lines of code, almost all of it in one single frame, it gets a bit frustrating. I remembered reading something about a Flash IDE, kinda like Visual Studio, but for flash.
I’ve used these types of software before, and the added organization really speeds up the workflow.
Turns out the program I had read about was FlashDevelop. It’s real awesome. I did a quick try to move my game to it, but it does need a bit more object oriented and strict code than I’ve been using. I will however use it for whatever I do next, and I’ve moved smaller projects into it already.
And the best part is that it’s all Open Source, I really like where this is going.